The Winters are already here, and we’re all aware of the problems this season brings for our skin. Add to that the issues with nationwide pollution, and you’ve got a recipe for skin disasters. The best way to protect our skin, in such a scenario would be to use the best face creams for the winter skin.
There are face creams and moisturizers from a hundred different brands you could use for winters. But personally, I’ve found Ayurvedic face creams to be a great solution to winter face and skin problems. Plus, there is a huge section of people who prefer using creams made out of natural ingredients.
So here’s this blog listing the best Ayurvedic face creams, cold creams and moisturizers for winters:
- Biotique BXL Nourishing Cream
- Khadi Omorose Herbal Cold Cream
- VLCC Liquorice Cold Cream
- Kama Ayurveda Eladi Hydrating Ayurvedic Face Cream
- Lotus Herbals COCOMOIST Cocoa-Butter Moisturizing Lotion
- Forest Essentials Night Treatment Cream Jasmine & Patchouli
- Ayur Herbal Cold Cream with Aloe Vera
- Fair & Lovely Ayurvedic Care Face Cream
- Himalaya Herbals Intensive Face Moisturizing Lotion
- Roop Mantra Ayurvedic Cold Cream
1. Biotique BXL Nourishing Cream
- Biotique claims its cream’s skin cell repairing function is 10x concentrated than other creams in the market.
- The BXL cream is meant to penetrate easily into the skin, replenish lost oils and give a smoother, younger appearance to the face.
- This cream can be applied twice in a day. Once in the morning and once at night.
Price: ₹799 (50gm)
2. Khadi Omorose Herbal Cold Cream
- Khadi Omorose cream has a high concentration of organic moisturizers that fight against skin dryness.
- This is a routine winter day cream, so you can use it daily in the morning before starting your day.
- Has anti-aging properties and repairs skin cells.
- It contains Shea butter and Aloe Vera extracts.
- Made from 100% natural ingredients.
Price: ₹170 (100gm)
3. VLCC Liquorice Cold Cream
- Provides SPF 10 Full-spectrum protection from UVA and UVB rays (doesn’t matter much as you’ll hardly step out in the sun in winter season).
- It contains rose petals and liquorice extracts for nourishing, healing and softening dry skin.
- Unlike most cold creams, the VLCC liquorice cold cream is almost completely non-sticky.
Price: ₹135 (50gm)
4. Kama Ayurveda Eladi Hydrating Ayurvedic Face Cream
- As per claims by Kama Ayurveda, the formula for this cream is derived from the ancient ayurvedic text of Ashtanga Hrudayam.
- The Eladi Ayurvedic face cream is made of 97.5% natural ingredients.
- This cream can be used on a daily basis for face skin nourishment.
Price: ₹1495 (50g)
5. Lotus Herbals COCOMOIST Cocoa-Butter Moisturizing Lotion
- The Lotus Herbals COCOMOIST cocoa-butter moisturizing lotion is completely non-greasy. The texture is just at the right balance, not too thick nor too runny.
- The lotion gets absorbed into the skin surprisingly quickly.
- Key ingredients of this moisturizing lotion are Cocoa Butter, Rose Water, and Honey.
Price: ₹395 (170ml)
6. Forest Essentials Night Treatment Cream Jasmine & Patchouli
- The Forest Essentials night treatment cream is made to specially work on all types of oily skin.
- This cream is best when used and kept on at night before sleep.
- The cream contains Jasmine & Patchouli, ideal for giving the skin an even tone and controlling oil production.
Price: ₹2,695 (50g)
7. Ayur Herbal Cold Cream with Aloe Vera
- This cold cream from Ayur Herbals contains aloe vera and beeswax. These ingredients help keep the dry skin worries at bay.
- The cream creates an even layer on the skin and keeps it soft and sufficiently hydrated.
- I personally always carry this cold cream on my purse during winters. It’s cheap too, so why not?
Price: ₹110 (200ml)
8. Fair & Lovely Ayurvedic Care Face Cream
- The Fair & Lovely Ayurvedic face cream is made of 16 ingredients that help in skin lightening & rejuvenation.
- It also contains saffron (Kesar) oil which helps in reducing blemishes and adding radiance to the face.
- The natural glow on the skin after applying this ayurvedic cream lasts for at least 12 hours.
Price: ₹125 (50g)
9. Himalaya Herbals Intensive Face Moisturizing Lotion
- The Himalaya Intensive Face moisturizing lotion is a light and non-greasy cream made for the winter skin.
- The key ingredients of this lotion are aloe vera, country mallow, and Indian madder.
- This lotion is ideal for using daily before going for work/functions or anywhere outside in the winter season.
Price: ₹90 (100ml)
10. Roop Mantra Ayurvedic Cold Cream
- The Roop Mantra Ayurvedic cream contains Shea Butter and Kesar, which helps in skin nourishment.
- One of the best features of this cream is the soothing effect it gives after application on the face. The effect helps remove skin irritation.
- This cream can be used twice a day for the most effective results.
Price: ₹98 (100gm)
My personal choice
Well, my choice is positioned at No. 1 on this list, it is the Biotique BXL Nourishing Cream! The cream was super-effective in preventing skin dryness, and most importantly it was never heavy on my face. But the other ayurvedic creams and moisturizers also do their job well. In the end, the choice depends on your choice of brands and budget.
Which brand do you prefer for buying cosmetic creams and lotions? Comment below!